A Self Directed Brokerage Account or SDBA is a niche option buried deep inside many employer-sponsored plans like 401(K), 403(B) or 457 plans. This option gives the employee the ability to potentially minimize losses and maximize gains by using professional money management. Steve Allbritton is a professional in money management and he shares his expertise on SDBA which sidesteps bad stock market days to secure a comfortable retirement.
2:06 Steve shares what makes Howard Capital Management different from most other professional money managers.
- A demonstration of Returns Matter, Risk Management Matters.
- A proprietary system, investment model called the HCM – Buyline
- The HCM – Buyline is non-emotional.
3:55 Steve explains the importance of being able to sidestep the worst stock market days and its potential impact on the plan’s participants’ retirement future.
- Emphasis on avoiding large losses which can significantly impact growth in a long term portfolio.
- A demonstration of simple math used in market volatility over a 40+ year period.
6:21 The easiest way for employees to find out if their plan has the Self Directed Brokerage Account (SDBA) option.
- A phone call into your human resource or plan administration department.
- Howard Capital Management has access to a national database of every 401(K), 403(B), and 457 plans in the country.
7:12 The SDBA option is an individual decision to enact.
- A professional advisor comes in to help with guidance on what investment is available and best suits the client.
7:52 How easy of a process is it to activate the SDBA into someone’s plan?
- Plan participants can usually open an SDBA in their 401(K) by simple access to their plan’s website.
- If online access is unavailable, their employers can provide the necessary documents to enable the process.
- The documents are completed with the help of their advisor.
8:58 Is it all over if someone’s plan does not currently have the SDBA option?
- Not necessarily.
9:20 Are there any additional costs involved with the plan?
- The plan participant will not receive any sort of external billing for the benefit of having professional management models in their SDBA.
10:12 How did the Howard Capital Management SDBA perform against the traditional accounts during the market crash in March – April 2020 timeframe?
- Monthly performance reports made available on the fund’s website at www.howardcmfunds.com.
- Mutual funds positioning helped investors avoid a large part of the pandemic related stock market downturn.
11:20 A recap of the valuable information learned on implementing a professionally managed SDBA.
- There is a clear and distinct advantage of utilizing an SDBA in an attempt to minimize losses and maximize gain inside employer-sponsored plans like 401(K), 403(B) or 457 accounts.
- There is no additional cost involved.
- It requires minimal paperwork.
- Your money never transfers or moves from its current location.
- You have 24/7 access to your plan’s online portal which they already have so that they can check the SDBA.
- By having professionally managed 401(K) you can potentially have more peace of mind and confidence in your retirement dollars.
Michael’s contact info.
- Tel: 727 243 6467
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or the401krevival.com
This presentation is not intended to be relied upon as advice to investors or potential investors from Howard Capital Management and does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any investor. All investments and investment strategies have the potential for profit or loss. Different types of investments involve varying degrees of risk, and there can be no assurance that any specific investment or strategy will be suitable or profitable for an investor’s portfolio. Information provided should not be construed as personalized investment advice. There can be no assurances that any investment or strategy will match or outperform any particular benchmark. Past performance is not a guarantee of future investment success.